Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account:
- Information including user name, address, phone number, and email address, will be collected at the time of user registration on the Sites. If you are registering an AliExpress account through social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter, we may collect your account name and profile photo at those platforms.
If you choose to answer our supplemental questionnaires for registered members, we may also collect marital status, nationality, gender, date and/or year of birth, annual income, monthly spending and user preferences. If you prefer not to provide such information, the use of our services and products will not be affected.
- If you are registered as a seller or service provider, in addition to the information mentioned above, we may also collect your identity information, tax registration number and information about your business, such as the information about your business license.
- If you are successfully certified by AliExpress as a blogger or an influencer, in addition to the information mentioned above, we may also collect your live stream videos, your social media account names and profile photos, and posts or comments made by the Site’s members.
- If you contact our customer service, we may record your conversation with us and collect additional information to verify your identity.
- In connection with any transaction and payment services, or services under our buyer protection schemes, information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and security code and tracking information from cheques or money orders may be collected to facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Sites.
- We record details of users’ activities on the Sites. Information relating to such transactions (including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the goods, pricing and delivery information, any dispute records and any information disclosed in any discussion forum) may be collected when transactions are conducted on or facilitated through the Sites.
- From time to time, we collect information about our users and prospective users during trade shows, industry events and other functions. The information we may collect at these events includes, but not limits to, user name, address, phone number, fax number and email address.
- We record users’ buying and browsing activities on our platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns, buyer behavioral patterns and equipment information. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Sites and visitors to the Sites including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors.